Our client, a technology company specializing in cloud communications and workstream collaboration solutions, is seeking a Contract Manager to join its Contracting and Commercial Law team in EMEA primarily supporting the in-life delivery of a strategic customer contract. The primary job responsibilities for this position will be to ensure that the company, its subcontractors and its customer meet the obligations and follow the processes set out in this complex customer contract, and to be responsible for general in-life contract management, in accordance with company policies and procedures and good commercial practice, including drafting and managing change control documentation; identifying, managing and escalating risk; and advising the delivery teams on contractual interpretation.
The successful candidate will be part of the Contracting team supporting the sales and delivery teams in the relevant regions. They will work collaboratively with Legal Counsels, Contract Negotiators, channel organizations, sales organizations, finance, delivery teams and the various business units in EMEA and globally to ensure best-in-class, seamless support to channel partners and customers. They will report to the Contracting Centre of Excellence Lead – EMEA and will ideally be based in or near Guilford.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the contract with company’s strategic customer to internal and external stakeholders
- Serves as a trusted advisor to internal delivery teams by providing effective, knowledgeable contract and risk management advice, and recommending simple solutions to complex problems
- Ensures compliance through the implementation, in-life and exit phases of the contract by setting up processes; monitoring and tracking contract adherence; managing subcontractors, and escalating where required
- Maintains and maximizes company’s rights and entitlements set out in the contract by ensuring notices are given in line with the contract requirements
- Supports the delivery team and business unit to manage potential and actual contract disputes, by interpreting the contract and using commercial acumen
- Supports sales with upsell and revenue maximization activities using the change control process
- Negotiates and drafts contract changes with the strategic customer, as well as with other customers, while protecting the company’s needs; flowing down terms to subcontractors; and seeking to be ‘customer first’, at the same time as ensuring strict adherence to company policies/schedules or seeking approvals to deviate where appropriate.
- Advises business clients using extensive contract knowledge, knowledge of legal requirements for compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and awareness of company financial policies and strategies, referring to other members of the legal team as required
- Participates in executive briefings and deal reviews
- Supports the wider contract negotiation team to review and negotiate non-standard contractual and other documentation with other customers when required
- An excellent team player that can demonstrate the company’s cultural principles of simplicity, accountability, teamwork, trust and empowerment
- Law or business degree, or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English; other European languages are beneficial
- Minimum 5 years of in-life contract management experience with a technology or services company
- Demonstrated experience and skills in supporting large and/or strategic contracts including project management
- Proven skills in drafting commercial documentation
- Excellent negotiator with strong influencing skills that can plan, manage and conduct negotiations on a win-win basis
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and inter-personal skills
- Track record of excellence in past employment
- A self-starter with enthusiasm for new challenges, who operates well in a fast-paced environment that places a strong premium on integrity, excellence, execution and teamwork